Clubhouse is about raising up the power teens have in reaching children. Children look up to teens and everyone knows relationships are key in life development PLUS mentoring will benefit the child and also the teen mentor. We are about free teen-led afterschool and summer faith, tutoring and life skills in various locations for grades 2-6 who have limited opportunities. Teen volunteers are in grades 7-12. One paid teen internship available per location. Contact office to volunteer or parents to register children.
https://vimeo.com/121783737 What Clubhouse means from Teen Emily Layman
Since 1989 over 7,500 Clubhouse teens have mentored children with limited opportunities. Clubhouse has received Presidential recognition such as the 838th Point of Light from President Bush and the Voluntary Action Award from President Clinton. Other awards include National Child Labor Committee’s Lewis Hines Awards and 8 Miami County YWCA Young Woman of Distinction Awards.
- Troy West, 409 E Main in St Pat Catholic, Monday – Thursday
- Troy East, 505 Crescent in Building 7 Garden Manor, Monday – Thursday
- Tipp, 6759 S County Rd 25A in Avenue Youth Center, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, call to RSVP rides from Tipp schools
- Trotwood, 502 E Main, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
- Fort McKinley, 3644 Michigan Ave in Fort McKinley Firehouse, Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Spring, March 13-May 4 no clubhouse when the local school is on spring break
- Summer, June 12-July 20
- Fall, September 18- October 19
- Christmas, November 6 – 30
Weather closes Clubhouse when:
- If the local school closes due to winter weather then that Clubhouse will close.
- If weather conditions deteriorate during the day call office by 2:00 for any cancelation updates.